Homeopathy for Bipolar Disorder
Causes, incidence, and risk factors
Causes of Bipolar disorder:
- Being nurtured by parents suffering from Bipolar disorder.
- Family history of alcohol or substance abuse.
- Abuse of alcohol, drugs, caffeine, medications like Appetite suppressants, Anti depressants, Thyroid, etc.
- Constant worry, emotional trauma such as separation of parents, death in the family etc.
- Peer pressure, exceeded expectations from parents.
- Hormonal changes especially during puberty.
- Prolonged untreated insomnia.
Types of bipolar disorder:
- People with bipolar disorder type I have had at least one manic episode and periods of major depression. In the past, bipolar disorder type I was called manic depression.
- People with bipolar disorder type II have never had full mania. Instead they experience periods of high energy levels and impulsiveness that are not as extreme as mania (called hypomania). These periods alternate with episodes of depression.
- A mild form of bipolar disorder called cyclothymia involves less severe mood swings. People with this form alternate between hypomania and mild depression. People with bipolar disorder type II or cyclothymia may be wrongly diagnosed as having depression.
- Life changes such as childbirth
- Medications such as antidepressants or steroids
- Periods of sleeplessness
- Recreational drug use
- Easily distracted
- Little need for sleep
- Poor judgment
- Poor temper control
- Reckless behavior and lack of self control
- Binge eating, drinking, and/or drug use
- Poor judgment
- Sex with many partners (promiscuity)
- Spending sprees
- Very elevated mood
- Excess activity (hyperactivity)
- Increased energy
- Racing thoughts
- Talking a lot
- Very high self-esteem (false beliefs about self or abilities)
- Very involved in activities
- Very upset (agitated or irritated)
- Extreme mood changes, elevated or depleted.
- Impulsive, impractical behaviors, making foolish decisions.
- Sky scraping or low self-esteem, feeling like a super hero or feeling incompetent.
- Alternating low to high energy levels resulting in exaggeration of physical and mental activities.
- Easily sidetracked, resulting in dropping of grades at school.
- Addictions - alcohol or substance abuse.
- Undiscriminating sexual behavior.
- Body aches and pains.
- Increase or decrease in appetite resulting in weight gain or weight loss.
- Too much or too little sleep.
- Auditory and visual hallucinations (see or hear things that are not there).
- Decline in cognitive function that is reasoning and perception.
- Suicidal thoughts.
General TreatmentPeriods of depression or mania return in most patients, even with treatment. The main goals of treatment are to:
- Avoid moving from one phase to another
- Avoid the need for a hospital stay
- Help the patient function as well as possible between episodes
- Prevent self-injury and suicide
- Make the episodes less frequent and severe
Conventional management of Bipolar disorder works towards suppressing the symptoms rather than permanently treating them. Whereas, Homeopathic approach arouses the patient's inherent capability to reinstate balance, and will manage symptoms and prevent relapse. Homeopathy acknowledges the psychological basis of somatic symptoms. Constitutional approach is a unique traditional which takes into account a person's overall nature, individual qualities and outlook towards life. Homeopathic remedies will help stabilize the patient's mood and further prevent the frequency and intensity of manic episodes and depression. Homeopathic approach will assist your teenager in appreciating themselves better; it will rebuild their self-esteem, which will further facilitate them in adjusting to stress and in improving their social relationships. Homeopathic remedies facilitate the body naturally to restore back to a healthy state of balance. The remedies will stimulate your system and regulate the production of Serotonin and Adrenalin which are responsible for your mood swings, anxiety, restlessness and depression.
After taking Homeopathic medicines, the patient experiences a general feeling of well being, and develops a positive attitude towards life. Dependency on sedatives and anti-depressants is also condensed, which have tons of side effects and is habit forming. Homeopathic medicines will enhance suppressed inner capabilities, shape the inborn behaviors with the existing circumstances getting rid of behavioral negativities and restoring well being. It will help stabilize emotions, attain mental peace and bring eventual happiness. As every behavior is unique, Homeopathic Constitutional treatment offers remedies that are incomparable and exclusive, created just for your unique personality. Homeopathic remedies are safe, natural, inexpensive and highly effective.